Pukeko Blue Ltd was established in 2001 and has a proud reputation in delivering consistently high standards of care for our Service Users in an environment of respect, dignity, compassion, safety and skill.
By joining our team, we offer assisted training for you to gain related qualifications, and a career path for someone who would like to make working as a Support Worker their profession.
As a Support Worker, the role requires you to provide supervision and support to our Service Users. To promote recovery in all Pukeko Blue Ltd community homes with Service Users who live with an intellectual disability, mental health or dual diagnosis. To work towards creating and maintaining a home environment, relationships and the lifestyle choice of each Service User.
For this position, applicants must have the following:
- A full, current New Zealand drivers licence.
- The flexibility to work rotational rostered shifts.
- New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.
- A current First Aid Certificate (preferable but not essential).
- NZQA Health & Wellbeing Level 3, or relevant qualification.
- The ability to work in New Zealand for any employer for at least 12 months.
The skills required for this position are:
- The ability to work alongside a diverse range of people with different support needs.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively to meet the needs of the Service Users.
- Pass and maintain medication competency.
- To have strong boundaries
Some of the key responsibilities for this position are:
- Following and adhering to Service User care plans and behaviour crisis risk plans.
- Supporting and encouraging Service Users in gathering information to make informed choices.
- Implementing, developing and reviewing individual social and recreational wellbeing plans.
- Administering medication according to policy and procedure.
Click to view the Support Worker Position Description.